* One head of cauliflower cut into florets
* 2 slices free range bacon
* 2 Tbsp ghee or grass fed butter
* salt n peppa to taste
* 3/4C organic beef or chicken broth (possibly 1/4 C more)
* 2-3 scallions sliced tiny
*** goat cheese–optional (does make it taste mo delicious tho)
What I do
* Place large pot or skillet with a fitted cover on your stovetop, add 1 to 2 inches of water and set to medium high heat. Place the cauliflower florettes into a steamer basket and lower into the pot; make sure the water is not covering the vegetables. Cover and cook until very tender about 12 to 15 minutes.
* Meanwhile, cook the bacon until very crispy and set aside on a paper towel to drain the grease.
* Test the Cauliflower with a fork by piercing it to make sure that it is mushable. Place the cauliflower into a food processor.
* Add ghee, broth, salt n peppa, and goat cheese.
* Blend until puréed
* Top with crispy bacon and scallions or mix the bacon and scallions throughout the cauliflower mash.
**** Serve and enjoy!! 😋
* 2 tablespoons ghee (or high quality grass fed butter if diet allows)
* 2 tablespoons tapioca flour (sometimes called tapioca starch)
* 1 cup chicken, beef, turkey or vegetable stock (broth works also)
* salt and pepper to taste
What I do!
1. Heat a medium size sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Melt the ghee. Once the ghee is completely melted, add in the tapioca flour and whisk vigorously until combined and there are no lumps. Cook for 30 seconds.
3. While whisking constantly, slowly pour in the stock. Cook for 1-2 minutes until thickened, whisking every few seconds.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve warm on top of meat and vegetables